VILAUBA ROMAN VILLA (VILAUBA)

Situated in the town of Camós and discovered in 1932, the name Vilauba is believed to be associated with the toponym "Villa Alba" (white villa), in reference to the farmhouse located near the site, and may represent a source of chronological continuity.

While the site is believed to have been occupied prior to the Iberian Period, the cluster's initial remains date to the 1st century BC and continue through the Roman Imperial Era to the late 7th century AD, towards the end of Visigothic rule.

The villa is divided into two well-distinguished areas: a residential quarter to the north, containing the remnants of a triclinium and several small thermae, and, to the south, structures related to wine and olive oil production.