On the banks of the Francol√≠ River, flanking one of the access routes to Tarraco, the early-Christian necropolis is an exceptional piece of heritage that submerges visitors into the world of death and its associated rituals, the cornerstone of the Museum's permanent exhibition. 

In 1923, the remnants of a burial ground were uncovered upon commencing construction of the tobacco factory. Archaeological excavations documented nearly 2,050 graves of distinct typologies, distributed around a basilica and dated to the mid 3rd century BC.

Assigned to the National Archaeological Museum of Tarragona, this Museum is currently being remodelled, the exhibit The World of Death remains open to visitors.